Keto Day 19
Have been wanting something to dunk in my bulletproof coffee, so made savory almond biscotti today. I suppose you can make this recipe sweet, like biscotti really should be, by adding sweeteners. I just don’t like the taste of artificial sweeteners, so. But I might add dried, unsweetened berries instead. Maybe next time.
The addition of desiccated coconut in the recipe makes the biscotti slightly grainy. If you don’t like it, just replace it with either the same quantity of almond flour or flaxseed meal instead.
40 grams Blanched Almond Flour
40 grams Golden Flaxseed Meal
20 grams Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 Medium Eggs
20 grams Tahini
40 grams Dry-roasted Almonds, Unsalted, Coarsely Chopped
1. Mix all the dry ingredients, other than the chopped almonds.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients.
3. Sprinkle fairy dust…I mean mix the wet and dry together.
4. Fold in chopped almonds.
5. Form the dough into a flat log. (Wet your hands, coz the dough is super sticky.)
6. Bake at 180 degrees C for about 30 minutes. (Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it, or the dough may stick.)
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
8 Cut the log into thin slices, then put the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet.
9. Bake for an addition of 10 minutes on each side, or depending on your oven. (You want the slices to be slightly toasted and firm to the touch, not burned!)